Time Until Album Release

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Post No. 4 - 322 Days Left - Mic Stands

     One product that will benefit any recording situation is a microphone stand. If I were to record with a handheld microphone (which I have done many times in the past) the computer would pick up vibrations from my body as well as from the mic chord, which has a tendency to rub against things when I move around. A good mic stand will hold the mic still and ensure a quieter, more controlled recording. When I started searching for a microphone stand, I had three criteria that it had to meet.

1. It must be tall enough for me to stand while singing to record my album (for better breath support)
2. It must be sturdy (we can't afford any accidents)
3. It must be cheap!

     After searching amazon, I came upon a stand that fit the bill perfectly. The Musicians Gear Die-Cast Mic Stand extends to over 5 feet tall, weighs a ton, and costs $12.99 (plus shipping). I got mine from amazon for $17.94 shipped! For those who are skeptical of such a cheap stand, mine arrived yesterday and the build quality is fantastic. It has rubber feet on the base to reduce vibrations transferred from the floor, which can cause the stand to wobble a little bit, but they can easily be removed for stability's sake. So if you want to buy a sturdy, affordable mic stand, head over to amazon and get the Musicians Gear Die-Cast Mic Stand. Please consider buying through the following link. It won't cost you anything and it will help me add to this project.

Musicians Gear Die-Cast Mic Stand


Added to Gear/Expenses:
Musicians Gear Die-Cast Mic Stand ($17.94)






Photo Courtesy of Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment